A More Relaxed RTC

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
I disagree that recruit training should be a relaxed place for people who are training to be in the military. The military prepare men and women for war and death. In recent years, the Navy bootcamp has become a walk in the park. What do you say?

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Staff member
Administrator
Math Helper
Jan 25, 2018
St. Augustine
When I was in bootcamp, President Reagan has just taken office, and he tightened things up regarding the military, as well as pushed for and got a good pay increase. The biggest change I recall is that recruits sent anywhere on base alone were required to double-time rather than walk.

I don't know what bootcamp is like now. My dad went through Army bootcamp in 1947, and he called the bootcamp I went through a stay at the Holiday Inn. :)

Reactions: harpazo and anemone

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
When I was in bootcamp, President Reagan has just taken office, and he tightened things up regarding the military, as well as pushed for and got a good pay increase. The biggest change I recall is that recruits sent anywhere on base alone were required to double-time rather than walk.

I don't know what bootcamp is like now. My dad went through Army bootcamp in 1947, and he called the bootcamp I went through a stay at the Holiday Inn. :)
I went to RTC TWICE in my life: 1985 and again in 1996. RTC was tougher in 1985 than 1996.

TheJason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
It's a thing of honor for it to be sadistic :) But, looking at another thing, advanced math cannot have easy professors. It's not possible! The math is what it is.

Last edited:

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
It's a thing of honor for it to be sadistic :) But, looking at another thing, advanced math cannot have easy professors. It's not possible! The math is what it is.
What does this have to do with my post?

TheJason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
What does this have to do with my post?
People don't want boot camp to be soft cause it's honorable for it to be tough.

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
Recruit training is meant to do away with all civilian bad habits. It must be a tough place to be. The Navy is the military.

Reactions: TheJason