Did you find mathematics difficult?

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
Yeah, as long as we will learn to love numbers, everything will be more easy. That was what my former math teacher told me then. :)
Absolutely. The more we enjoy something, the easier it is to understand what is going on.

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
Some are afraid, don't like it (but are forced), or some combo of the two.
Can you move this thread to the On-Topic forum?

luri

May 5, 2018
I wanted to study science in college. In order to study science, we have to study maths. The general math was ok for me, however, trigonometry was a hard nut to crack. The students who wanted to study science in college, especially physics, had to study trigonometry compulsorily. I was very bad at trigonometry, however, I was interested in physics. I did study science in college, however, I could not continue with science.

Rayone

May 5, 2018
Initially yes because trigonometry was introduced in the syllabus of 10+2 in the same year when I was in 11th standard and it was little different in the beginning. But with the help of my teacher who was also our cricket coach I managed to learn the basics. And from them on everything fell into line.

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
I had some teacher preparation courses that I could care less for. In that case, yes, if the heart's not in it, then it won't be as good - but you can force yourself otherwise.

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
A student with zero academic desire will falter and fail.

Cherry

May 4, 2018
I have never found mathematics difficult not with my kind of mindset because I know all I need do is just to understand the workings or know the formula and I'm.half way through the sum.Mathematics is an interesting subject to me all one needs is a good teacher, attention and needed materials to aid in the workings.

Esmee

Jan 13, 2020
I think in context of research and the engineering topics. I do think math becomes difficult as we move ahead. And for those who want to be less on theory side, they tend to find difficult. I am more of hands on type person during engineering studies. So I had that issue with the maths while studying engineering.

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
I think in context of research and the engineering topics. I do think math becomes difficult as we move ahead. And for those who want to be less on theory side, they tend to find difficult. I am more of hands on type person during engineering studies. So I had that issue with the maths while studying engineering.
Math would only become more difficult to those without the right background, cause math builds on itself. Well, maybe that's true to an extent. Anyway, what I mean is the procedures can be tough to remember - along with the background math to do it. For instance, even if you knew prerequisites (algebra, basic integration etc..) well - it could be tough to remember every step in the various types of disc integration.