Hardest Math Course Taken

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
What is the hardest math course you have ever taken? What made it hard?

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
I'd say Calc II, III, and Diff Eq. were equally hard!

Why? A lot of hard procedure to learn.

Reactions: harpazo

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
I'd say Calc II, III, and Diff Eq. were equally hard!

Why? A lot of hard procedure to learn.
I never went formally beyond Precalculus. Precalculus was an elective not a required course for me as a sociology major at Lehman College.

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
Pre-Calculus, Calculus I are difficult, but the others are worse. Also, another very difficult course would be Probs and Stats (Calculus Based) because of the challenge problems.

Reactions: harpazo

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
Pre-Calculus, Calculus I are difficult, but the others are worse. Also, another very difficult course would be Probs and Stats (Calculus Based) because of the challenge problems.
I was told that abstract algebra aka modern algebra is insanely hard. According to most math majors at Lehman College, algebraic topology is the course that separates adults from kids.

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
I was told that abstract algebra aka modern algebra is insanely hard. According to most math majors at Lehman College, algebraic topology is the course that separates adults from kids.
I was shocked I could do so many math problems on the board in DE, even though I had prerequisites for the class!

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
I was shocked I could do so many math problems on the board in DE, even though I had prerequisites for the class!
DE is a course I surely want to learn after Calculus 3.

Esmee

Jan 13, 2020
While studying Electronics we had one compulsory subject named "Signals & Systems". It had a lot of weird maths like tripple integration, fourier transform specific to the signal and the systems in electronics. So it was kind of too hard for me but I survived that.

Reactions: MarkFL

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
Speed is a massive problem with math. That's why people with faster brains have an advantage - kind of like how a tall person does in basketball. However, I think some people with disadvantages can over come the problem.

Anyway, any subject that requires more speed to finish - would be tougher, even if at a base level, you know - how to do it (opinion).

Last edited: