Life of Pleasure, Pain, or In-Between?

TheJason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
What about being punished because you don't believe something without a good reason to do so? Is that ever in any way acceptable?
I think a temporary hell is justified for sin - and I think people are well aware they're sinners in some way.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Staff member
Administrator
Math Helper
Jan 25, 2018
St. Augustine
You're ducking the question...surely you do not think someone being skeptical of claims made without evidence is a good reason to punish them?

What if after you die, you find yourself standing before Allah, and you are cast into hell because you didn't submit to Islam. Is that just?

Reactions: anemone

TheJason

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 25, 2018
jasonyankee.info
You're ducking the question...surely you do not think someone being skeptical of claims made without evidence is a good reason to punish them?

What if after you die, you find yourself standing before Allah, and you are cast into hell because you didn't submit to Islam. Is that just?
Well, actually a lot of theologians think people are not judged for what they don't know - and in my thinking, a temporary hell would correspond to evil you're knowledgeable of.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Staff member
Administrator
Math Helper
Jan 25, 2018
St. Augustine
How can anyone know anything where theism is concerned? The burden of proof has not been met, and all we have is dogma that is useless where knowledge is concerned.

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
What about being punished because you don't believe something without a good reason to do so? Is that ever in any way acceptable?
We are not punished for unbelieve.

1. We are born in sin. Sinners are not allowed in heaven where there is no sin.

2. If we die in sin, we are separated from God.

3. If you decide not to heed God's warning, there is a price to pay.

4. God made a perfect plan that no one should perish.

5. God sacrificed His Son to keep you from hell.

harpazo

Pure Mathematics
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
NYC
@MarkFL

I do understand your reasoning and logic. It is UGLY and REPULSIVE to send souls to eternal punishment for wishing to see prove. However, God is the BIG BOSS in the sky. He made the rules.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Staff member
Administrator
Math Helper
Jan 25, 2018
St. Augustine
@MarkFL

I do understand your reasoning and logic. It is UGLY and REPULSIVE to send souls to eternal punishment for wishing to see prove. However, God is the BIG BOSS in the sky. He made the rules.
I don't care who or what made those rules, they are morally bankrupt. I am free to criticize anything I can plainly see is wrong. Might does not make right.

The plan of your god is not perfect...he requires belief in something for which there is not good evidence. There are people who cannot by nature just accept anything claimed that is not backed by evidence. I am one of those people. Do you see the flaw yet?